Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Results are in!

In the Air!  Me and Deed!

The closing ceremonies were last night.  They ran super late!  The organizers decided somehow that Gwinnett Tech. categories wouldn't be called up the last 3rd! Man.  Anywho, Gwinnett Tech got 2 medals.  Gold in Preschool/early childhood development AND Bronze in PHOTOGRAPHY! Yeah, that was me.  They called my name and I was so relieved.  I had already counted myself out.  Great attitude right!  I just assumed I'd made way to many mistake.  1st and 2nd place went to 2 girl.  I was actually sandwiched between the both of them during competition.  It was their second year here.  Last year, the got 8th and 9th.  I happy for them!  I didn't get 1st, but I did place! That's all that matters in this situation.  The gifts for 1st - 3rd were the same thing!  With an exception to 1st, they got a Nikon D90 rather than a Nikon D5000.  Oh yeah, the prizes were absolutely amazing:

$10,000 scholarship to CDIA Boston University
Nikon D5000 (I'm a Canon guy... buuut I may make an exception b/c this thing does video!)
$75 to MAC on Campus
Adobe Software... (photoshop for sure, but it's all coming in the mail)
A MAC White balancing card
A Skooba - Gravity Camera Bag Strap
TONS AND TONS OF GIVEAWAYS!

Overall, the week has been amazing!  I met the most amazing people!  I hope to be friends with these guys for years to come!  Mr. Adkins, Kelly, Parnell, Ben, Laura, DEED, Skylar, Sean, and so many more!  Being able to come out here not to just compete, but to have a blast has been awesome!

I haven't decided if I would like to do this next year.  I afraid I'll stuck with a crappy group... We'll see, you never know!

To top it off, for $49 I was ab, le to upgrade of 1st Class!!! Comfortable seats, amazing company! Flying high for sure!  Smile is and will be on my face for a while.

man... so glad I didn't come back empty handed.  Bronze sure, but I feel like a gold medalist right now!

btw, my plane has wifi. word.

2 comments:

Sammi Kate Photography said...

thats awesome!!!!! Congrats!

Art Alley said...

Soooooooooooooooo freaking happy for ya! I wanna try out that video aspect!

Post a Comment