Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 1: Monday


Monday we caught a flight.  This flight was long, and the seats were small.  What a terrible experience.  I did however, get to meet the other competitors from Gwinnett Tech as well as my roommate, Parnell.  When we arrived in Kansas, I was floored at how small the airport was!  Also, flying in and looking out the window I realized that this was going to be a HUGE citynot.  All fields and pastures.  It's all good though.  We got to our rooms, got settled and then we had to go to the ball room for the Georgia welcome meeting.  We cheered and chanted.  It was a pep-rally.  WEEE READY... FOR YALL seem to be the them.  Anywho,  After the peping the advisers were asked to leave and we were given the SkillsUSA knowledge exam.  This is going to be graded and only taken into account should there be a tie in any specific competition.  I was under the impression the exam would be over the handbook... which i didn't read.  It was actually over Interpersonal Relations and Professional Development.  Luckily for me, I got a A in that class.  We went up to Mr. Adkins room where he shared his pizza and gave us a quick overview of how the week would go.  Back to my room, Jon & Kate, and then bed.

1 comments:

Sammi Kate Photography said...

we're cheering for you here!!! Give me a D... Give me an A... Give me a M... Give me an I... Give me an A... Give me an N... what's that spell?! DAMIAN!!!! YEAH GO YOU!!!
(I know I'm a dork! ok)

Post a Comment