Friday, July 10, 2009

iLove multimedia...but not iPhoto


I am so stoked about Multimedia this quarter. For our first project, we need to create a slide show about Gwinnett Tech/Commercial Photography. The slide show must be between 1 and 2 minutes long. We also need to include a song. I guess the goal of the assignment is to get us familiar with iPhoto and different transitions/effects. I wanted my video to be an advertisement for the entire school and highlight the Photo Dept. I chose "Wish You Were Here" by Incubus. I spent a lot of time sorting through song after song. I really wanted it to give a positive message and be relevant.

We were told about the assignment last week, and have been shooting since. I was bummed when I looked at the slide times and realized I can only fit 30-40 photos in the time slot. Narrowing the photos down was even more fun! I am really happy with what I came up with. The video above is a little weird. For some reason when I burned it some of the effects were missing, and the overall slide show was sped up causing the music to be thrown off a little. I got everything saved, and will be working on it later. It's due Thursday AM. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Finch said that she will show everyone the best of each class, and if she feels there is one adequate enough, she will be putting it on the GTC blog!

3 comments:

Art Alley said...

yeah, she told us she'd always show the best vids from the other class to our class but rarely did! stay on her when it comes to the really fun ones!

Jessica Elliott said...

I am there...yet I never see you. Haha. Maybe soon.
I remember that assignment, and I remember no one liked my music.

ryan tyrl said...

Great job man. Awesome video! ......and of course.....great song!

Post a Comment